Now that I am at this stage, the weeks do seem to be flying by. I know that once school was out for the summer the weeks would start going quickly. We have a busy summer planned! It is full of great adventures and fun trips. One of those fun trips is a wonderful 10 year anniversary/babymoon vacation for my love and I to Maui, Hawaii. We came here for our honeymoon and always hoped to return at ten years, but just didn't know if it would work. Thanks to Kev's parents being willing to watch the boys for us, airmiles we saved up for years paying for the tickets, and incredible generosity of some people in providing a place for us to stay, the trip became a reality!
So...here we are now, relaxing in Maui! It has been wonderful. I was experiencing some pretty bad heartburn, and since we arrived here and relaxed I have been able to have that clear up a bit...at least to a manageable level where I feel like I can eat! We have slept a lot, spent a lot of time just talking and laughing together, and gone on some fun adventures.
Yesterday we enjoyed the rainforest beauty of I'ao Valley State Park. It is considered to be one of the wettest places on Earth, and we hiked around in there for over an hour. It was fun to take the various trails through the jungle-type atmosphere and we sat relaxing by the rushing river for quite some time. I realized that we hadn't done the 27 week photo-life was just too busy!-so we decided to get a 28 week photo instead along the river.
We have talked a lot about our kids on this trip. It's hard not to, we love them so much, and we miss them! We have also talked a lot about baby girl and wondered what life will be like with three. The condo unit we are staying at has a lot of families and we have seen several families of two boys and a girl. Perhaps we just notice them more! We have seen some that are about 7 years ahead of us, and some that are about 10 years ahead of us. It is fun to talk and dream and wonder what our life will be like in ten years! We have decided to write a little list of what we "think" life will be like in ten years-with the input of the boys-and save it to open up on our anniversary in ten years. Should be fun to see what has happened!
Here are some pics! Me at 28 weeks in I'ao Valley state Park and at our anniversary dinner last night at Mama's Fish House here in Maui-one of the BEST meals of my life! The picture was taken at the end of the meal and I think I not only have an actual baby, but a food baby representing as well! Ha!
![]() |
| 28 Weeks and 5 Days |
![]() |
| 10th Anniversary Celebration at Mama's Fish House |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!