Well, she has arrived! Most of you that follow the blog know us in real life and you know that our little Ruby arrived in crazy fashion on Wednesday, October 1st. I will post her birth story some time. It is a great one, but I need time to write about it accurately.
Life with three kids has been pretty awesome so far. I just love them so much, and if having children weren't such a long process for us I would consider having more! Of course our boys fight and cause trouble for each other and life is far from perfect...yet I find it to be perfect for us.
Friday was an awesome day and a day I wanted to write about for fear I would forget about it. I am not great at filling out baby books or even doing journals, but I am decent at blogging and I find that going back and reading past blogs is something that can immediately place me back in whatever moment I was writing about as though it happened just yesterday!
On Thursday & Friday, Rusty was home from school for a Pro-D day. At first I was a little worried about how I would handle the three kids at home on my own for the first time since Ruby's birth. Maybe because I was worried it ended up being better than I thought! Friday was an especially wonderful day. The kids and I spent the morning chilling at home, and it was awesome. I snuggled with Ruby, the boys played together nicely for a long time, Rocky did special dances and spent some time singing to Ruby, and it was just one of those moments that you want to freeze in time because it feels so good and so right. The boys then shocked me by saying they had a surprise for me.
Since the birth of their sister both boys have really been awesome. They have both stepped up to the plate and been super helpful and responsible, especially Rusty. Their surprise was another moment where they showed this. They decided they were going to clean the house for me! They proceeded to get out the vacuum and Rusty vacuumed the entire upper level! Rocky took some wipes and wiped down the main bathroom. They both picked up all the toys and other stuff hanging around the house, washed the windows, and then Rusty asked to mop! They were SO pleased with themselves and their efforts and I was so thankful for that effort that they put in! I praised them endlessly!
We followed that up with a trip to the health unit to weigh Ruby. My doctor wanted to make sure she was gaining well and she definitely was! She was already 4 oz over her birth weight! She's an awesome little eater...hopefully that continues!
The boys were so well-behaved that I decided to treat them to a few hours at one of their favourite play places here. They played together awesomely. In the past Rocky has been afraid to climb up in the structures but on Friday he bravely faced them with his big brother by his side. Rusty was so great with Rocky and always stayed with him, making sure he wouldn't be afraid and I was able to just sit and relax with a snoozing Ruby!
Finally we made a special stop at Daddy's work so his staff could meet Baby Ruby, and finished the night with some snuggles and a movie on the living room floor.
Every day will certainly not be like this, but I really enjoyed that particular day. It was a day that I just wanted to rejoice in and remember, for it was just so perfect...for me. I enjoyed all three of my kiddos, and had such fun with them. I'm so incredibly thankful to be the mother to these kids. They fill my heart to overflowing!
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!