
Tonight was Kevin's last regular season hockey game. They start the playoffs next week, but it is single elimination. I will be in California so I won't see their first playoff game. Tonight may have been the last game of the season for me. It's been a good season and I'm actually finding myself a little sad that it's done!
Five Reasons It Has Been An Amazing Season
#1. I'm finally starting to understand this game! I get it that when the ref raises his arm that means a penalty is coming, I know what icing is, and I even know words like "deke" and what they mean! Understanding the game makes it a lot more fun to watch.
#2. Kevin had an amazing season! I'm not one to brag, but I'm so proud of my man! He is 8th overall in league points! That is out of about 90 guys! That's pretty good! So far this season he has 17 goals but 19 assists! I am especially proud of the assists, because there are a few guys ahead of him on the list due to their puck-hogging tendencies. Kevin isn't like that at all, he just always tries to make the best play, whether that is through his goal or a beautiful pass to let someone else score. Tonight was a classic example of that. He did this amazing pass where he was kind of spinning and passed it off and this other guy just flicked it into the net! I was off of my seat cheering, and I love the little look and grin he gives me after a move like that!
#3. I have had an opportunity to meet and become friends with the most amazing girl, simply because of hockey! She is dating one of the guys on Kevin's team that also happens to be one of Kevin's close friends. Because they are in hockey AND soccer together, and they also play poker together, M and I have become good friends through watching them compete. I used to be one of the only fans in the stands for our team, because a lot of the other girlfriends and wives stayed at home, but now I always have a friend with me! We have discovered that we have so much in common and through that have formed this amazing friendship! Who would have known?! She is wonderful and we now find ourselves calling each other before every game to make sure that the other will be there! We're now going to play softball together on our church team and I'm so excited for another fun thing to enjoy with M.
#4. I love hockey games...it is an excuse to run out and buy a yummy Starbucks' latte! It will keep me warm! I have discovered that my absolute favourite is now a non-fat, extra hot, sugar-free hazelnut latte. Mmmm...just thinking of it makes me want one!
#5. It's always so great to watch someone you love doing something he loves. Kevin comes alive on the rink, I love watching him skate out there. When he throws his hands in the air after scoring a goal and then points to me and smiles my heart always skips a little beat. The boyish grin that covers his face when he is out there on the ice makes my pulse race and I especially love watching him banter with other players on the bench. Seeing him so happy makes me even happier! I can't wait for the day when our little boy will be the one standing on the bleachers yelling, "Good job Daddy!" with a look of adoration on his face.
Well, it has indeed been a great season. I surprised myself a little bit tonight when I realized that I was actually going to miss being at the rink every Saturday night. What will we do with all of our time?
Hmmm...your little boy, huh? =)
ReplyDeleteStacy! Reason #3 totally made my day! I can't wait for Dave to read it. You are so great, and I ALWAYS look forward to seeing you each Sat as well...I'm glad we've gotten to love hockey together. But don't worry...soccer's coming up fast, and baseball is coming even faster....and before you know it we'll be back at the rink...!
ReplyDeleteThis is just the beginning...
XOXOXOXO
Michelle
Adrienne...little boy is a hope for the future. Sorry, no nephew yet!
ReplyDeleteMichelle, maybe we can fill our Saturday nights by spending them with you guys! At least a few anyway! I'll miss you this weekend. I guess Kev will have to look at you instead of me again! ;)
Lacy, how could I forget SDSU games? I don't think I watched the hockey though, it was too much fun to watch the crowd!