Monday, March 27, 2006


Spring has officially sprung...the daffodils are here! I can remember my delight when I experienced my first spring in Vancouver. I was driving home from work one day and noticed splashes of yellow popping up on the median between Highway 1 west and Highway 1 east. I wasn't sure what they were at first, and then I realized they were daffodils! I asked someone at school if this happened all over the area. She told me that a few years back a decision was made to spread daffodil seeds along Highway 1 to see how many took. The result, years later, are many bits of wonderful sunshine up and down the road all the way out to Abbotsford. It's definitely one of my favourite parts of Spring. Since I have been on Spring Break the last two weeks, I had not really driven that route. Today a huge smile stretched across my face as I was greeted for my first day back with the friendly nod of the yellow daffodil. I couldn't help but shout, "Thanks Lord!"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:44 AM

    Hi Stacy-

    It has been so great to hear from you and to read your blog and catch up on your life!! I have really missed your friendship through the years and look forward to reconnecting with you and your new hubby!! I am so thankful that things are going so well for you and that God has blessed your faithfulness to Him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers