Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rocky Point Park


Tonight Kevin and I had a little date. We do this often, and we love it. Normally it consists of dinner and a movie, but tonight we decided to switch it up a little bit. We went for dinner first, at Applebee's, but afterward we decided to head down to Rocky Point Park.

Rocky Point is beautiful. It is a mere 10 minute drive from our house, yet we NEVER go there! After nights like tonight, I have to ask myself why. It's such a beautiful park. Tonight the tide was out. When that happens, the mud flats are exposed. I know that doesn't sound really beautiful, but actually, it's breath-taking. It also amazes me, because when I stop and think about it, I realize that this water is actually the ocean. It comes from the Burrard Inlet, but it's the ocean!

I promised myself when I moved here that I would never take the ocean and mountains for granted. Growing up I always wanted to live in the mountains, yet I had a longing to be near the ocean...I didn't know that some day I would actually be experiencing that. Sadly, I'm finding that I am coming to take that as normal.


Tonight we did not take it as normal. We enjoyed walking along the pier, hand in hand, talking about life. Sometimes we get so caught up in the daily grind of life that we forget how easy it is to have these little moments. We enjoyed running into some friends and more than half an hour later, when the sun was down and the chill finally began to get to us, we walked slowly back to the car. We decided that we will go to this little piece of heaven a mere 10 minutes away more often. Maybe we won't take it for granted anymore.



Sailboats at Rocky Point Park.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds wonderful! I'll have to get out to Rocky Point sometime soon. Maybe you guys would like do have a little double-date-stroll???

    (ps, I totally forgot to call you yesterday after saying I would in my comment!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers