I'm here! I'm officially in Oregon and back with Kevin. I know in the grand scheme of things being apart for a month is not that much but to us, it was! That's the longest we have been apart since we were married and to add to it we weren't able to talk on the phone until the last week of it.
Yesterday morning I awoke in the wee hours of the morning at about 4 a.m. My wonderful father-in-law picked me up to drive to me my connecting bus at 5 and I was on my way! I first had to take a bus from Surrey, BC down to Seattle. From there I connected with my Amtrak train and I was on my way.
Have you ever traveled on Amtrak? It's really not that bad! The seats are awesome. They are like recliners...they have a footrest and the top part leans way back. I totally stretched out and...slept. Yes, I, Stacy Sowerby, the girl who CANNOT sleep on planes or in cars actually slept on the train for two hours! It was amazing!
My train pulled in to Eugene around 5:40...only about 30 minutes late which I have heard is not too bad for Amtrak. I was the first one at the door...I couldn't WAIT to get out there. As I was standing by the door waiting for the train to stop I saw Kevin flash past the window. My heart just jumped and I could not WAIT to get off of that train and hug him. When the attendant opened the door I was off and running, literally! I ran right into his arms and gave him the biggest hug and kiss! He was waiting for me with the prettiest bouquet of tiger lilies and yellow roses. What a guy!
After we got back to the apartment we went out for a yummy dinner at the Olive Garden followed by a night of snuggling on the couch while watching a movie. I'm SOOOO happy to be back with my best friend. Things just feel right now. It doesn't even matter that I am in yet another new place...it feels like I am home. I guess home really IS wherever the heart is!
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Hey you two-
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear that you are back together - where you belong. Your story today was so exciting to read 'cause I know you had waited so long for this moment!
We miss you guys up here!
Enjoy your time together....
XOXOXOXO
Michelle
Awwwww....so sweet...glad to hear that you guys have reunited!
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Oregon! Does it feel weird to be "back in the states" or doesn't seem that much different? I'm such a nerd, I had to ask...:)
ReplyDelete*doesn't it* oops.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're reunited. Have a great time!!!
ReplyDeleteI saw your q about digitals and thought I would add my two cents...:)
ReplyDeleteI bought a Sony Cyber-shot with the Carl Zeiss lens last year and it's awesome...great clarity and very professional pictures. It was $174 which is more expensive than the cheapest digitals but less than similar-quality, larger cameras and it's small enough to tote in your purse. :)