1) How old do you wish you were? I'm actually really enjoying being 26. It has been a good year.
2) Where were you when 9-11 happened? I watched the entire thing play out before my eyes. I woke up at 5 that morning because I had to work at the front desk of Pierson Hall, at my University. I was the office manager but one of the employees couldn't make her shift because she had a test so I was covering for her. I had the tv in the lobby tuned into the CBS Morning News and I was just working on homework and watching it out of the corner of my eye. Suddenly they broke into coverage by saying some kind of a small plane had hit one of the towers. They showed it and everyone was sort of wondering what was going on. After that I watched the second plane hit the second tower live and I remember catching my breath and knowing, in that instant, that everything had changed. I remember calling my parents from the desk phone and telling them to turn on their tv. After my shift ended I had to go to my next class. I don't think that many of those people knew yet and I remember sitting there while my prof droned on and on and thinking "Does this all really matter?" I definitely will never forget where I was that day. The funny thing is that I remember riding my bike from my apartment to the residence hall that morning. It was such a clear, beautiful morning and I remember wondering what people in other parts of the world were doing at that very moment.
3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money? If I am at school I go and find the guy that is in charge of marketing and tell him I want my money back. If not, then I am out of luck because I usually only had enough to get that one item. I sometimes shake a fist at the machine just for good measure.
4) Do you consider yourself kind? Yes, Kevin tells me that is one of the things that he loves the most about me. I do have moments when I am not kind, though. I am never happy with myself after those moments.
5) If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? Or if you have a tattoo, where and what is it? I do have one, a little butterfly on my left foot. It reminds me that I am a new creation in Christ.
6) If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? Well, it would be great to know French because then when I am at the grocery store and all of the labels are turned to the French side I would be able to understand them! :) I would love to know Japanese. We have so many International students from Japan that it would be great to speak to them in their native language!
7) Do you know your neighbors? No --but I know my landlords upstairs!
8) What do you consider a vacation? Getting away from the ordinary to do something different!
9) Do you follow your horoscope? No, it's so stupid. How can a person write your future? Only God knows that!
10) Would you move for the person you loved? I already have! It was a good move too, because now I'm married to him!
11) Are you touchy feely? Yes definitely. I can never get enough hugs. Lucky for me my hubby is good at giving hugs.
12) Do you believe that opposites attract? I have seen opposites attract. Kev and I are opposite in some ways but I think it would be hard to make things work if we were totally opposite. I think there need to be some common things.
13) Dream job? When I was younger I always dreamed of singing professionally. Now I'm not so sure but that WAS my dream job. I would also love to be a professional athlete.
14) Favorite channel(s)? ABC-DH, Grey's Anatomy/TLC /CBS
15) Favorite place to go on weekends? Usually out on a date with my hubby and I LOVE going to downtown Vancouver with Nancy...we go around the seawall or grab some pizza and people watch. It's one of my favorite things. I also love going up to Keats on summer weekends!
16) Showers or Baths? Usually showers but I'm learning that baths can be VERY relaxing. I don't have a bathtub though, so those are few and far between. I would LOVE to have a shower with some actual pressure. Ours is pretty pitiful. It takes me 15 minutes just to get all of the shampoo out of my hair.
17) Do you paint your nails? My toenails are always painted, they feel naked without it but I rarely paint my fingernails because the upkeep is too much work.
18) Do you trust people easily? Hmmm...actually, it usually takes me a long time to put my trust in someone enough to let them in to my heart. I have sometimes been called a snob because of it but the people that are my close friends know that once they are in my circle, I will fight hard for them in any area.
19) What are your phobias? Getting bit by a poisonous spider. I know it's silly but it's a real fear of mine!
20) Do you want kids? Yes, mostly because I think Kevin is going to be such an amazing dad and I look forward to seeing him in action.
21) Do you keep a handwritten journal? I have before but lately it seems I just start them and abandon them. I guess my blog is somewhat like a journal.
22) Where would you rather be right now? On a Carribbean cruise with Kevin.
23) What makes you feel warm and safe? When Kevin wraps his arms around me and I snuggle up under his chin and I can smell his cologne and I'm so warm and snuggly. Just thinking about it makes me want to give him a hug.
24) Heavy or light sleeper? Extremely light! Every little noise wakes me up. I usually wake up at least three times a night. We have a fan that constantly runs in our room to help me out.
25) Are you paranoid? No
26) Are you impatient? Kind of. I can be pretty impatient but in a different way. With people I am VERY patient but when I am sitting in traffic I get impatient. When I am waiting for an exciting event to come I am impatient. So, it's different.
27) Who can you relate to? My friend Nancy and my husband! Nancy just gets me. We were friends from the start which is SOOOO unusual for me. I had only known her for a few months when she called me crying one night. I was there in and instant and ever since then we have been the closest of friends. When we don't see each other for awhile we go into withdrawl. Kevin just gets me completely! When I am away from him, as I have been this week off and on, I just feel off kilter.
28) How do you feel about interracial couples? I have no problem with them. I don't get why others do have a problem with it.
29) Have you been burned by love? Nope!
30) What's your life motto? I don't really have a motto but I always think, "Will I regret NOT doing this?" when I am scared to try something or feeling apathetic about trying something. I don't want regrets like that.
31) What's your main ringtone on your mobile? It's called salsa or fiesta or something like that.
32) What were you doing at midnight last night? Watching SNL with Kevin and talking about how we should go to bed because I was SOOOOO tired from the camping trip I had just returned from.
33) Who was your last text message from? My little sis Candace. She is the only one that texts me.
34) Who's bed did you sleep in last night? My own, yay! It felt wonderful after camping two nights this week. It was really nice to not have to have on four layers to stay warm.
35) What color shirt are you wearing? Brown
36) What are you listening to right now? NFL game on TV. It's New England and Cincinnati. I have Carson Palmer on my fantasy team so I like to watch and see how he is doing.
37) Name three things you have on you at all times? My wedding rings, usually my earrings from Kevin and often a hair elastic because my hair starts to bug me and I pull it back.
38) What color are your bed sheets? Black right now but they rotate between black and ivory.
39) How much cash do you have on you right now? None, my purse is put away.
40) What is your favorite part of the chicken? Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
41) Whats your fav city/place? I LOVE the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. It's the best place to live.
42) I can't wait till . . . December 24th because I will FINALLY be in South Dakota getting all the hugs I want from my family and seeing their faces and hearing their voices live. I can't wait!
43) Who got you to set up a blog? I enjoyed reading Itzy Bitzy Me and keeping up with her life. I decided it could be a good way for my friends and family to keep up with us.
44) What did you have for dinner last night? A Subway grilled chicken breast sub. I was on the road with 18 teenagers on the way back from a field trip!
46) Have you ever smoked? Nope, never. It never even appealed to me.
47) Do you own a gun? Nope
48) Tea or Coffee? I love my Starbucks nonfat hazelnut lattes but I'm trying to cut back. I also really like the Chocolate tea from Trader Joe's that Chris introduced me to. I am rationing it.
49) What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? Well, I only need to lure in one guy and he's pretty hooked! He says he loves my giggle...yep, my giggle.
50) Do you have A.D.D.? No, although there are times when I am easily distracted.
51) What time did you wake up today? 10:00 a.m.! Kev got up at 8:45 and I heard him and thought "I will get up in fifteen minutes." Over an hour later he came into the bedroom and laid down next to me and woke me up. He was smiling at me. It felt GOOD to sleep in.
52) Current worry? Honestly? I worry that it will snow too hard and we won't be able to make it back to South Dakota at Christmas. Isn't that silly? It just shows you how badly I want to go though! PLEASE DON'T LET IT SNOW GOD! (I really do pray for that, I'm not kidding!) I just miss my family so much and it would break my heart to not see them at Christmas. It has been over a year since I have seen all of them except for my sister Candace.
53) Current want? A house, but I must wait for the market to settle. I'm trying to be patient. I would also love to have a dog. We recently bought a very life-like stuffed dog for our friends' son for his birthday. It was sitting on a chair in our living room for a few days and it was so cute! I even named him and I was actually kind of sad to give him to Walker! I know, I'm a freak!
54) Favorite place to be? With Kevin, anywhere. But I really like going on road trips with him. We always have so much fun and get silly and just talk and it's great.
55) Where would you like to travel in the future? I really would love to go to Australia and New Zealand.
56) Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? Hmm...probably here, hopefully in a house with a couple of kids. I hope that I will be back to teaching full time because my kids will be in school. I hope that we are a family that is caring and that Kev and I will be teaching our kids how to be kind and responsible. I hope that I will NOT be driving a minivan! :) (That was for you Nicolo!)
57) Last thing you ate? Some of the amazing taffy that I bought in Long Beach, Washington yesterday. They had every flavour under the sun! They even had jalapeƱo!
58) What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is on the shower radio at the moment.
59) Last person that made you laugh? Kev, he makes me laugh all of the time. I guess because he likes to hear my giggle!
60) Worst injury you've ever had? I guess that would be when I broke my ankle in three places in grade 8. That sucked. I had to miss volleyball season. I was so mad!
61) Does someone have a crush on you? Kevin does!
62) What is your favorite candy? I love Skittles. The purple bag is the best. I even have my kids at school trained. The ones that work in the school store sometimes bring a bag of them. How great is that? They also are trained in my Starbucks love. Friday on our trip down to Long Beach one of my students brought me a Caramel Light Frap. I didn't even ask her! She just brought it to me when I was gassing up the truck. She even knew what I liked! How funny is that?
63) What song do you want played at your funeral? It is Well With My Soul
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!