Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I didn't actually get to celebrate American Thanksgiving this year. I was at work all day, followed by a dentist and then massage therapy appointment, but that doesn't mean I can't celebrate the holiday in my heart.

I have much to be thankful for! Here it is, my thankfulness top ten!

1. I am thankful for my relationship with God. It has grown this year, and is blossoming into a deep friendship. I'm at a point I have never truly been at with God, and it is good. I am learning to trust Him in amazing news ways, and for the first time in a long time I can say that I am truly content. It feels good.

2. I am so thankful for my amazing husband. Wow, what would I do without him? Sometimes I can hardly believe that we have only been married for two and a half years. It has been truly amazing to watch him change and grow over the last two years. I mean, I loved him so much when we got married. At the time I didn't really think it was possible to love him more, but now I know how foolish it was to think that. I don't think, and quite honestly I hope, that my love for him will never stop growing and becoming deeper. He is always changing, and therefore my love for him adapts with him. I love watching him step up to the plate to be the man that he needs to be. Wow...honey, you blow me away, truly. I love you.3. I am thankful for my family. We are blessed to have families that know and love God, especially our parents. They have instilled deep beliefs in us, and they have always been amazing examples of God's love to us. They are always there for us...always. If we need them for anything, we know that they will drop everything and do whatever they can to help us. What a blessing it is to have such great relationships with the ones that gave us life! We love you Mom and Dad B. and S.! I am lucky enough to have two sisters that are not just sisters, but best friends to me. My little brother and I have always had a great, strong, relationship. Heck...even my cousins and I are closer than many siblings are! My cousins' kids call me Auntie Stacy...its wonderful. I'm thankful that my family grew up on the big farm. I know that not a lot of people get that amazing opportunity, and I am so glad that I grew up thinking of my cousins more like brothers and sisters than cousins. We are able to carry those friendships into adulthood, and it is neat to now see us doing the things that I always saw in pictures of my parents and their siblings.
4. I am thankful for my friends. We have such great friends. Kevin and I were just talking the other night about how blessed we are to have so many close friends. Our friends are like family! Last night as we drove home after Bible study with Jay and Tara, we talked about how great it is to be so comfortable with friends that you can talk about anything with them. To all of my friends, we love you guys! You are so important in our lives. Thanks for making us complete!
5. I am thankful for my job. Most days I wake up excited to go to work. I get to watch students' minds develop right before my very eyes. It is so neat to see students going from knowing no Spanish to being able to write essays! Wow! The school that I am at is truly a blessing as well. I love my colleagues. I have made some great friendships there, friendships that I know will continue throughout life. The kids I work with amaze me. They make me laugh, they make me smile, sometimes they exasperate me, but I always, always appreciate them.
6. I'm thankful for my warm, cozy bed! It has such soft sheets, and such comfy pillows, and such a warm duvet. In fact, I think I want to head to that wonderful place soon, and rest my head and snuggle in next to my sweetie!

7. I'm thankful that God provides for Kev and I. We are never in need of anything. We have more than we need. We are blessed to be able to give back some of what we receive. God is good.

8. I'm thankful that I have clean water to take a shower in every day. Lately people have been dealing with some dirty water due to the crazy storms and every day that I hear them continue the boil water advisory for Vancouver it reminds me of how blessed I am to have pure, clean, running water coming right out of several taps in my home.

9. I'm thankful for technology. Without e-mails, and blogs, and cell phones, and messenger I would not have the same relationships and connections with people that I am so far away from. Yay MSN!

10. I'm thankful for delicious coffees! Yummy, gingerbread lattes, peppermint mochas, vanilla steamed milk...oh it is all so delicious! I'm thankful that I can enjoy wonderful flavors like that!
So, there it is...my top ten things I am thankful for in 2006! I know that there are many more things, but I only have room for ten! Thanks to all of my friends here that wished me a Happy Thanksgiving through e-mails, cards, and e-cards. You guys are amazing and make me feel loved. Let me just shout out a big "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to you all!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers