Okay, okay, I know that the title automatically makes you think of something else, but today I really did lose my lunch...literally! Lunch time came today, and I had a bunch of students in my classroom to take a test they had missed. I quickly ran up to the staff room to get my lunch from the fridge...but it wasn't there! I was confused. I was quite sure that I brought it in from my car today, but it truly wasn't there! I checked both fridges and finally returned to my classroom, thinking maybe it was there. It wasn't.
Now I was in a bind. I was hungry! I couldn't leave to go and get lunch because I had students taking a test. I decided to resort to the cafeteria choice of the day, pizza. I sent a student up to the cafeteria with some money to buy me some pizza, but she was told that they were saving the last pieces for themselves. Some of my grade 11 Spanish students were running the cafeteria. I happened to see them walk by my classroom and I stopped them. I said, "Hey! Why wouldn't you guys sell me some pizza? Now I have no lunch!" One of the boys is a real nice kid. He said, "Don't worry Mrs. Sowerby, I will take care of it."
About five minutes later he came back to my classroom. He had a cup of noodles, a bottle of Jones soda, and a big chocolate chunk cookie for me. A full lunch! I was so surprised! I said, "What do I owe you?" knowing that he had gotten it at the school store. He said, "No worries Mrs. Sowerby." Aww...what a nice kid.
Later, I found my lunch...it was in my car, where I had left it this morning! Funny! I ate the salad that I had, since I hadn't eaten the chocolate chip cookie...it was a few too many calories for me! Later on, some other students stopped by with a Starbucks hazelnut latte for me! Wow, I have these kids trained! They are great!
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Wow! Great kids! You are blessed!
ReplyDelete