Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another Free Day

Yesterday was my second day home from work. I realize now why I don't get sick very often; God knows that I don't handle it very well! This one has been tough. Just when I think I'm getting better, I overdo it and end up back on the couch, under a blanket, trying not to cough. I don't seem to handle the whole "sitting around doing nothing" thing very well. I'm learning though!

This week I was off of work on Monday and Tuesday. Since I teach Spanish, it's a bit difficult to find a sub. Being at a private school makes it that much more difficult. We honestly have only ONE person on our sub list that knows Spanish and she can only work Mondays and Fridays. She was unavailable for Monday so my secretary had to find someone else...that doesn't know Spanish. It is tough to plan a lesson where the kids are still moving forward in their work but don't necessarily need a teacher that knows Spanish! By the end of yesterday, they had done all of that kind of work that they could without me actually being there, so I knew I was going to have to go in to work today, even though I still wasn't feeling great.

Kev wasn't too happy about this. He wanted me to stay home another day. He's really sweet, actually. He's so concerned about my health and me being okay. I'm not sure what it is, but he has been super husband lately. So snuggly, so caring, and really in tune to what I need. He will hate it that I posted that snuggly part, but it's true! Last night though, after about the tenth time he told me I should be taking today off as well, I said, "I need you to NOT ask me to stay home from work tomorrow again." He got the message. Poor guy!

Imagine his delight, however, when we heard the news this morning that schools in Abbotsford were canceled! Yes, I admit it, I was relieved as well. Even though I knew that I needed to be back at school to move things along, I also knew that I needed one more day of time to just get better. It was a bit of a dilema but I guess God took care of that for me!

So, here I sit at home, snuggly and warm with my fireplace going and my fuzzy Colts blanket to keep me comfortable. It is good that I haven't been to school, because then I would have the marking and other work that I need to do here with me. Instead, I have nothing to do! Kev says, "Don't worry about the house or anything, just relax!" I guess I can follow those orders!

Here goes my day of doing nothing! Maybe I can make a nice dinner for my sweet hubby tonight...he deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers