Friday, January 26, 2007

So much randomness

I finally did it. When I woke up this morning, I didn't know what to think. I sat bolt upright in bed, realizing that I had finally made it through a night without waking up every hour. I wanted to cheer, sing, dance a little jig and just shout for joy, but Kevin was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him up.

It's been a long time since I have slept through the night. Ever since I got sick, I haven't been the same. I think this is a sign, I'm finally getting better! It was heavenly.


Boy, a little bit of sleep goes a long ways! Although I still had my morning cup of coffee, I didn't feel like I was going to fall asleep on my long drive to school. I was actually alert and I took the time to enjoy the gorgeous sunrise. We are finally getting some good weather around here. I love it!


So, I'm thankful. I took the time to say it in my prayer thoughts on the way to school today. I love sleep. Sleep is good. Sleep keeps my mind in a good place, it makes me alert, it helps me to focus. Yay for sleep!


On another note, today was the last day of the semester at our school. Can I just say that my students are amazing? I have had so much fun with all of my classes this semester. The students at our school are just phenomenal, and I only hope that someday my kids will be like the kids that I get to teach every day.


Today at the end of my Spanish 9 class several of my students came up to tell me how much they had enjoyed the class, said that they had learned so much, and that they were going to miss having me as a teacher next semester. Oh, it makes my heart sing!


One girl in my Beginner Spanish 11 class stayed after class to talk to me for about 15 minutes, and she's just a great girl. She's got to be one of my favorite people in the world, just because of her amazing attitude. It's rare to find a 15 year old girl that has her head on so straight and she's so funny. She told me today that she prays for me all of the time. It really made the tears start threatening and I thanked her for being such a great student and such a powerful impact on her classmates. I encouraged her to keep up the good work and to visit me next semester because I would miss her smiling face in the front row.


I had two of the International students that are in my Spanish 11 class stop by at the end of the day as well. These guys are so funny. There wasn't a class day that went by that they didn't have the entire class cracking up about one thing or another. They said they just wanted to let me know how much they had learned and enjoyed their time in the class this year and that they couldn't wait for next year and Spanish 12.


I'm really blessed to have my job. As much as I complain about the drive to and from work, being with these kids every day just makes me happy. They teach me so much, I often think that perhaps I am learning more from them than they are from me. Every day is different, and every day something happens that makes me say, "Man, I have the best job in the world."


I'm looking forward to the new semester, and hoping that it goes as well as this one did. It's going to be tough, and busy, but I can't wait to see what new challenges and joys arise in the next few months.


I heard today on the radio that the real estate market is starting to turn around. My heart did a little jig. It's not that I am not content, because I really am. We have a great little basement suite, it is set up a lot like a house. We also have some of the most amazing landlords. They are a sweet, older Christian couple that is really thoughtful and kind. Still, I long for my own home. I look forward to getting that place that is ours. Our first place together. A place where I can paint the walls any color I want. That place where my TV can be as loud as I want and I don't have to worry about bugging someone else. The place where I get to do repairs, and fix things up. I know that there are a lot of struggles that come with owning a home, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm trying to be patient. God has really been working on me in that area lately and I can truly say that I am totally content right now. That doesn't mean I wouldn't jump at the chance to have our own home! It will be great. Here's me, patiently waiting! (Okay, it's actually me about a year ago, but don't I look like I'm being patient in it?)
Things with my family are going great. This trip home over Christmas break was just what we needed. It's so great to feel like we are back in daily contact with each other. I feel like my sisters have again become some of my best friends. I had the best, normal chats with them both last night. We talked about the most random stuff, and that's nice. I like hearing the mundane details of their lives, because it makes me feel like I am a part of their lives, even though I am so far away. My little brother is doing so great. He's in contact with the family more than he has ever been and my parents are living it up. My dad went golfing yesterday. In December. For TWENTY SEVEN holes! It's so exciting to see my parents living the life that I always dreamed for them to have. They have worked so hard for so long. They raised four responsible, loving kids. They deserve to have a little bit of fun. I hope that they can get more of it.
My grandma is not so well. She fell and broke her arm. Normally this wouldn't be so bad, except it's her left arm. She is left-handed. Even that might not be so bad, but her right arm was badly damaged in a surgery that she had a few years ago and she can't really use it very well because it's pretty numb most of the time. Pray for her if you think of it. Last I heard she had surgery this afternoon...I'm still waiting to hear the results.
Well, my hubby is waiting for me so we can snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie together. We went to East Side Mario's for dinner tonight. Yum. So much yum! I love pasta. It makes my tastebuds dance and sing, especially when I didn't have to make it! I know this post was a bit random, but my mind is a bit random right now! Have a good night.


4 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you. ;) I remember when your sister posted it on her site last year. I'm was thinking, "That's Stacy!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is I think one of my favorite all-time pics of you because you are just so beautiful anyway, but that picture really accents your eyes and the eye colors we used we great, and we had some awesome natural light coming in the window in front of you! I love that pic!

    Also, Neil has called me TWICE this week! Wow! I'm so excited! Although, he asked ME for tax help, which I'm not that smart when it comes to taxes, but oh well. At least I talked to him and tried to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stacy- thanks for the message! Lots of people read my blog...but no one really comments! I guess it would help if I wrote more. :) Anyways, thanks for visiting...I've enjoyed reading yours. :)
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like you were quite sick! I was sick too, although not as bad! It's hard to be sick while you are teaching though, hey?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers