
Mexico Sabroso. It means Tasty Mexico and it is true! Today my Spanish 12 class and I ventured down to Mexico Sabroso, our little Mexican restaurant in Abbotsford. It is not well known, yet each year I introduce my students to the delicious array of food that they can try in this truly authentic setting.
The restaurant is owned by a couple from Guatemala. They are so cute and so sweet. I love going there because they are always so delighted to speak to me in Spanish. They also love it when I bring my classes, because I force the students to order and speak in Spanish as much as possible. The waitress will cluck her tongue and say the words in Spanish and sort of coax them along if they freeze or are having trouble saying something. It's adorable! Every time I take a class there the kids absolutely love it and inevitably a student will return with his/her family. I have had many parents tell me that they enjoyed eating there and they specially enjoy seeing their son or daughter order for them in Spanish!
The food is amazing! Those people can cook Spanish food! They start you out with a platter of homemade chips and salsa. The salsa is spicy and full of flavor. The kids always beg for more chips, not realizing the huge dishes of food that will soon be coming their way!
The menu is extensive, and I really love it when the kids go out of their comfort zone and order something that they might not normally try, such as mole sauce. I have tried many different dishes there, and I have yet to be disappointed with one!
Today, I had my favorite, the enchiladas de pollo with mole sauce. It is a huge platter of food, and today I guess my eyes were bigger than my stomach! I ate the whole plate, and now I am suffering for it. My stomach feels like it might burst and I had to loosen the old belt a notch! It was worth it though.
The owner was so sweet today. He wanted to thank me for bringing so many students there over my time at MEI, so he gave me a $20 gift certificate for their restaurant! I was so pleased, and just extended my thanks and my appreciation of them and their delicious food!
Try it! You will love it! Tacos Mexico Sabroso!
Wooo! My goodness, that description was so good that my mouth is really watering! It may be the pregnancy though. :) How are you doing these days? We should get together again soon. Even just you and I. Another girl movie night? Hmmm?
ReplyDelete