I need a visit from the cleaning genie. Seren and I often joke about the cleaning genie, specifically the one that comes to clean the car, but I have not seen this cleaning genie for a long, long time. My car is doing great right now. It's very clean...it could be due to the fact that I am hardly using it now that I'm not driving the 45 minutes to work and back every day. It's amazing how that changes your life! There are now paper towels shoved into the little pocket in the door, leftover from my breakfast on the road. There are no books or papers tossed haphazardly into the back seat. The dash is free of that dust that just seems to build up, no matter what you do. The best part? The gas gauge! I can't remember the last time that I actually filled my car! I am pretty sure it was during the last week of school, which was now almost a month ago! I have driven it a bit, but the gas sure does last longer without that commute every day! The gage has been hovering just above E for about a week now, and I know I should fill it up, yet it's just not a priority. Nice.
Anyway, enough about my car, back to the cleaning genie. Life has been a bit of a whirlwind the last week or so. Kevin and I have been tackling room after room, packing them up, sorting them out, and figuring out what stays and what goes. We are trying to trim it down to the bare essentials so that when the baby comes we don't have to worry about packing. We will have about a month with the Wee One in this place before we move to the new one, and we both know that that month will be a steep learning curve. The last thing we need to be doing during that time is attempting to pack this house up. Kevin has been amazing. Almost every day when he gets home from teaching summer school he has started us in on another area that needs to be done. I'm not the best at motivating myself, so this has been good. However, it has been awhile since I deep cleaned the house.
It almost seems pointless. I know that if I started to clean the living room today, for example, we would just be messing it up soon anyway with more boxes and such. Plus, there is a big pile of baby stuff in the corner of the room that I pretty much can't move on my own, because most of it is pretty heavy. So, here I sit, in the middle of chaos. I think that normally it wouldn't be such a big deal, except that perhaps that so called "nesting" instinct is starting to kick in. I think it officially kicked in on Friday morning when I suddenly started panicking about the fact that we don't even have a place for the baby to sleep yet, let alone the fact that our house is kind of chaotic right now. It's GOOD chaos, because things are being sorted, but chaos none the less.
Oh well...there is no cleaning genie that will magically come and wave his arms and put it all right. I guess we will just have to continue to tackle things a day at a time. Maybe it's time for me to go and pack up some picture frames or something.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
I sometimes think that cleaning is vicious cycle. I clean and everything looks nice, and I enjoy it for a few hours....and then we have to live in it again! So then, after a few days of cooking in the kitchen and the dog playing, I look around and obsess that it needs to be cleaned again...and on and on it goes. Lol. I've come to learn thought that there is something about an organized house that makes my entire life feel more organized.
ReplyDelete