I have to admit, I'd been hoping I was one of those women that goes a wee bit early, but I know now that isn't going to happen. As Kevin said last night, "Well, this baby IS an S and we like to show up late!" I had to laugh as I agreed. Our friends will probably get the biggest laugh at that...although we try, there are many times that we are the last ones to arrive. Why would our baby be any different?
I was struggling with the wait and the idea that it could still be at least another week before this baby is born. I really want my mom to have as much time as possible with the baby, and I especially want Kevin to have time with the baby before he has to go back to work on the 2nd. Then, this morning in church, we were singing a lot about surrendering and giving things up to God. At least that's what I was taking out of the songs. I know that God has been with us throughout this entire process. He has His timing, and I have to trust in that timing. He knows what is best for Kevin and I and our baby, and even though we are so incredibly thrilled at the prospect of meeting this baby, I also know that I have to surrender to Him. Getting frustrated about the wait is not going to help things. So, I'm praying about that. I'm working on surrendering. I know it is going to be a constant battle that I will have to continually give over.
I want to look at these next few days-or even this next week-and try to enjoy the days and the moments Kevin and I have for just the two of us. I will try to enjoy times I have to talk to friends. I was also remembering this morning in church that one of my earlier wishes in the pregnancy was for my mother to actually be here for the birth. We thought that wasn't going to be a possibility and now it could be a reality. If so, I will be thankful!
Here is a picture from this afternoon. 40 weeks pregnant! Yahoo! We made it! Thank you Lord, for this precious baby. We are so thankful.
40 Weeks Today!
Just for fun I thought I would put up my 18 Week picture...wow, what a change! I remember the days I longed to have a belly...well, I got it!
you look so beautiful even at 40 weeks :D i love how much you love baby S. you have such a warm heart and an amazing out look at everything. you really are going to be a beautiful mother and are going to be a major blessing to baby S as you are to all of us. love ellie
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing and will be terrific parents. Praying for a wonderful birthing experience.
ReplyDeleteAmanda
Wow! You look great!! I am praying for a great delivery! What an exciting time for you guys!
ReplyDeleteLooking great!! I love your 2 photos. Steve and I have taken weekly photos and it's crazy to see the difference. We finally got our bellies! :)
ReplyDeleteI continue to pray for you and baby!
Blessings,
Laura