Kev and I are thrilled about the cottage. As Rusty grows older and becomes more outgoing and fun, we realize what a great time he is going to have there. There is also a possibility that my lifelong friends and cousins, Matt and Nessa, may be coming to visit with their kids sometime this summer. We definitely plan on taking them up to the cottage and enjoying it.
Before I can truly enjoy it, though, I have to make it my own. I have been planning and dreaming. I've been online picking out paint colors, planning how we'll change things up to make it uniquely ours. I have always love that beachy, breezy, seaside look, so that is what we are going to go for. We're planning a beautiful ocean blue for the bathroom and kitchen. I'm going to paint all of the cabinets creamy white and make curtains of some kind of breezy white fabric. We plan to paint the rest of the inside a lovely color called "cozy cottage." How perfect is that? It reminds me of sand, and will be the perfect backdrop for the beachy scene we are hoping for.
My mom gave me a perfect gift for the cottage at Christmas...they are beautiful clear vases that hang on the wall. I plan to hang them in the cottage and put sand in them, with shells on top of the sand. I have collected sand my entire life, always getting a bottle of it from wherever I go. In fact, instead of having a unity candle at our wedding, Kevin and I each poured a different color of sand into a glass vase, which currently resides in Rusty's room but will move to the cottage once the renos are in progress.
I think one of the best parts of all of the planning is sitting down with Kev to talk out our vision. I love hearing what he thinks about my plans and his input. It's fun for us to plan together...it's really the first place we have had together that we can truly work on and make it our own. We've been putting away money since we got the place so that we can make the renos without stressing our budget.
I don't want to wish away the time until summer arrives, but I sure am excited to make the changes! Breezy Seaside Bliss here we come!
sounds amazing!!
ReplyDelete