One of my favorite things lately has been seeing Rusty interact with other babies, especially those that are close in age to him. He is so alert and interested in them. The first opportunity was the last week, when we were visiting my sister in South Dakota. Her little baby girl is just a month old this Saturday, and Rusty simply adored her. Whenever A was around he wanted to be near her, and he did whatever it took to get to her, including using his arms and the blanket on the floor to pull himself to her, leaning out of my arms to get to her in her mom's arms, and even rolling himself across the floor to her. If she was crying, he wanted to be near her, helping her. It was really sweet.
Yesterday I went to visit a friend. She has a little boy that is just a few months older than Rusty and they had a blast together. They pushed at each other, grabbed hands, rolled into each other, squealed at one another, and just were so cute. It was the first time I had ever seen Rusty play with another baby close in age to him, and it was pretty neat to watch him. He was so happy and content to play with his little buddy.
Today, another friend came to visit! She has a daughter-I'll call her Little J-just a month younger than Rusty and I think that Rusty officially has his first crush! He was enamored with her, and he just stared into her gorgeous blue eyes, taking her in. They laid together on the floor so contentedly. That morning he had been super fussy and giving me a tough time, and I almost cancelled, but I'm so glad I didn't! I got in a good chat with Little J's mom, and the kiddos had fun playing together on the floor.
As Rusty has grown and we have prayed for him each night, one of our constant prayers is that he will be someone that has a heart for others, that draws others to him through his personality and then shares his faith with them. I hope that his current interactions with other babies are a hint of what is to come!
What a cute photo of them!! I loved how they stared at each other and really took each other in. I can't wait to see them grow!
ReplyDeleteThanks for a nice visit!
Taking pictures of babies with other babies is definitely one of my joys in life too.
ReplyDelete