And we're off...I'm trying desperately to get Rusty's dirty, poo-filled diaper off. He is squirming, straining and trying to roll over because he is so proud of the new skill he has acquired. Oh, by the way? He's now rolling from his stomach back to his back again too. He rolls from side to side, further spreading the poo into the diaper, his clothing, my hands, the changing table mat...it's everywhere.
Round one goes to Rusty!
I finally clean up the poo and get the dirty diaper thrown away, the dirty clothes thrown in laundry, and my dirty hands wiped off with a wet wipe. I attempt round 2. I approach Rusty with a new, clean diaper. I am sure that I can do this...I mean, the kid is only four months old! He gives me a wild, impish grin as I lift his legs, and he immediately twists to the side. I'm trying to wrangle the diaper around his legs and get the sides fastened as fast as I can. Finally, it's done! YES!
Round two goes to Mommy!
Now, for the clothes. I begin to sing my little get dressed song...this is my secret weapon. Every time I dress him I sing, "Put your arm in the sleeve, put your arm in the sleeve, put your arm in the sleeve my son, my son!" and so forth. Because Rusty loves the song, he smiles in glee and wiggles his arms and legs, but allows me to dress him with only minor arching of his back.
Round three goes to Mommy!
So, I am victorious! I manage to get him in a fresh diaper and dressed, this time. Man, my arms are getting strong!
Who would think that this adorable face could put up such a fight!!
You might find this funny...a few nights ago, I was trying to get a rectal temperature on one of my little bilirubin babies and just as I was removing the thermometer, all of that built up bili came squirting out in piles and piles of poo. It was all over me, the isolette, the linens, the care tech...everywhere! And then...he decided to tee-tee...you gotta love babies!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness what an adorable little face!!!
ReplyDelete