- What do massage therapists do if they eat something that disagrees with them during lunch and end up with gas? It's not like they can blame it on someone else, there are only two of you in the room. Today my therapist's stomach started rumbling and I got a little nervous...luckily I think he was just hungry. At least I never smelled anything foul.
- Why do the hands on the clock seem to move faster when you are in a massage. I was lying there, actually WILLING those hands to slow down, yet it went faster than ever. That hour flew right by.
- Why do I always forget how great it feels to have my legs massaged? I always think that my neck and back will be my favorite part, but it usually ends up being my legs. Especially now that I rarely have a chance to sit during the day.
- If you have a bruise on your leg, however, you should say something before your therapist starts rubbing it. It hurts, trust me.
- Today was great, except that one of the blankets covering me was a fur one. Well, fake fur I think, but fur none the less. It was hot today...the room was air controlled, but I still felt pretty hot. I wish I was more assertive and had said something, but I was enjoying the massage so much I didn't want to waste any of the time.
- Do all of the massage therapists get the same soothing sounds CD upon graduation and use it over and over? And, if so, don't they get tired of those songs? They must lie in bed each night desperately trying to get that "soothing" music out of their heads.
- Don't their hands ever get tired? How can they do those massages all day, every day, and not need someone to massage their OWN hands at the end of the day? They must go home and beg someone to rub their hands.
- On that note, do they give out free massages to friends and family? If you were married to a massage therapist, would they find joy in giving you a free massage, or would it be off limits since they do that all day, every day? What a bummer that would be!
- Why is it that it seems to take the first fifteen minutes before the therapist understands that you don't want to talk, you just want to relax!?
- I wonder how often people fall asleep on the massage table. I was tempted to today, but I didn't want to miss a second of it! It's so relaxing, and I know that sleep is the ultimate relaxation, but I really didn't want to slip into sleep and then wake up feeling like I had only been there for five minutes.
Oh, massage therapy! It's a wonderful thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!