Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Reason # 1,099,093 I Love My Son (Like I needed another)

Aw man, the kid has done it again. I can't believe how much I love my son. He's such a little sweethart. Tonight he wrapped me even tighter around his little finger by playing an adorable little game with me. I really have his father to thank for it, because he has been teaching him this for awhile now, working on it with him practically every day. What was the game, you ask? A simple game of hide and seek!

Kevin has been playing hide and seek with Rusty for over a month now. He will put Rusty in the living room and then run and "hide" somewhere in the house. He then calls, "Where's Daddy?" over and over again, usually leaving some part of his body sticking out for Rusty to see, until Rusty "finds" him and touches his leg. He then exclaims "You found me!" and picks Rusty up and hugs and kisses him.

Tonight I was sitting in the living room and then next thing I knew, I couldn't see Rusty anymore. We have all unsafe areas closed off so I just went into the kitchen, thinking he would be there because the light was shut off in his bedroom. When I didn't see him in the kitchen I went into the bedroom and looked around, not seeing him at first. Then I heard a little squealy giggle and looked again. There he was, against the far wall between his dresser and crib. He saw me looking at him and giggled loudly, then turned against the wall like he was hiding. I said, "I FOUND you and then dropped to the floor and tickled him and he squealed and giggled with glee. We continued this game over and over again for the next half an hour, with him going to different places sometimes, but often to this "special hiding place" he seems to have claimed. It was so much fun, and I LOVED hearing his little giggles. They gave him away every time!

I can't believe how much fun he is becoming. He has such a great little personality and I just adore the way he loves to laugh and have fun. I am blessed indeed!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:10 PM

    So adorable!! Jorja loves 'I'm going to get you!" and will giggle and crawl all over the place and wait until we find her. You're right...they are so much fun!
    True joys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hide and seek story! Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers