Saturday, July 11, 2009

Random Confessional

  • Today, I felt like a gas hog. Kev and I were supposed to go to Keats and we drove all the way to the ferry terminal, only to find that there was NO parking, ANYWHERE! So, I dropped him off and drove all of the way back home. Later today I will drive all of the way down there AGAIN and pick him up. On the way home, I passed a little Honda Fit with FOUR adults in it. I felt like I was a huge gas waster driving by them in my RAV. At least it gets decent gas mileage.
  • I don't always mop my entire kitchen floor. I often just spot mop, you know, the parts that have crusted on baby food, or a spot of dirt, or that place I know the garbage bag sat for a few minutes while Kevin cleaned out the fridge. I usually end up just mopping the half of the floor that gets the most traffic. I was quite a freak about mopping when Rusty first started crawling, now I just get those extra dirty spots and he seems to still be fine!
  • I am trying to be more green, but find that the one thing I have a hard time giving up is my paper towels and green cleaner spray. I keep trying to use a dishcloth in the kitchen, but I hate it. I just imagine pushing the germs around on the counters and kitchen table. I have been around a lot of people that use dishcloths and I can only think of a few that don't have that stinky, musty smelling dish cloth. I think you have to switch your cloth probably every few days to avoid that and I always seem to forget. I know that I am wasting a TON of paper towel by using that and cleaner, but I need a good alternative. I can't stand that stinky dishcloth smell. Ugh, it is disgusting!
  • On the other hand, I love recycling! I love living in an area where it is easy to recycle. I recycle EVERYTHING that I can. I have actually looked online to see what we can and can't recycle. I really love going to Changes and turning in our juice bottles, pop cans, etc and getting money back. I have been doing that for awhile and I always put that money into Rusty's piggy bank. I'm not sure what he will use it for some day. Maybe I will raid it and load it onto my Starbucks card! Ha!
  • I get annoyed by people that try to impress their expectations on others. For example, if you don't like to use something such as paper towel, but you make other people feel bad for doing it by making little comments here and there. Do you see a theme here? I am getting paper towel guilt.
  • I often eat Rusty's rice puffs. I particularly love the strawberry apple ones. They are delicious, crunchy, and a nice light snack. I know, they are supposed to be for babies, but I usually pop several into my mouth whenever I put them on his tray. Yum! This is going to have to not be a habit though, I don't want to be popping the extra mac and cheese into my mouth someday just because it's there.
  • I find myself doing a lot of things I said I would NEVER do with my son. For example, buying jarred baby food. I swore I would make ALL of his food, but when we are traveling it is just so much easier to buy the Superstore Organic jarred food. It's so easy, and it doesn't have to be kept cool or anything like that. He is also going through a NO FRUIT stage, and the only fruit I can get him to eat is the freeze dried organic stuff from the Superstore. I SWORE I would NEVER buy those, they are a bit expensive, but then suddenly Rusty will eat it, and I find myself buying it. I keep trying regular fruit and hoping that he will eventually pick something up and just eat it!
  • I love reality tv. The Bachelorette, The Bachelor, Survivor, The Amazing Race...I am a sucker for these shows. I konw they aren't always REALITY, but I love them anyway. They are all on my DVR list and I never miss them. I know that some people would call them a waste of time and say go read a book, but for me they are stress relief. They are funny, they are interesting. They are an escape from my reality. I love Jillian, I'm pulling for her to choose a good guy. I wish I could be a team on the Amazing Race, but instead live vicariously through them. I watch Survivor and think about how I would always be the first one off on that show because I am so sensitive and also, I hate eating things that get to my gag reflex. It's not BAD to like reality tv. I think secretly a lot of people do, even those that are out there saying they don't have time for something like that. They just say that to make themselves seem better than everyone else, when really, they are rooting for Jillian too!

That's my confessional for today.

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, glad to know someone else loves reality tv like I do, my hubby is always rolling his eyes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No guilt trips from me!!! I LOVE my paper towel too. I go through it like crazy. I also don't really clean my whole kitchen floor either(even though mine is so small...LOL). I only ever clean it when "Rusty" comes over...don't tell MY boys.
    As for doing things with or for your kids that you said you would never do....it never stops....we said we would never allow shirts with characters on them...hmmmm..I think we have a lot of those now...LOL...and the list goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the paper towel issue..and the rice puffs...and the jarred baby food. Oh, and the mopping, and I love Survivor (but don't watch it because we don't have any channels). Oh and I love to recycle too, but I wish we got money for our stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:47 AM

    Hey Stacy,
    I love reading your blog. It is always so honest and true for most of us. I know I relate to a lot of it. Ed detests washcloths for your same reasons and we use tons of paper towels as well. I also love most reality tv and Ed usually gets hooked after making fun of me. My favorite is biggest loser but you never know when you might need something you learned watching survivor! I think all mom's hit a point they are doing something they said they would never do! You are a great parent as evidence of Rusty's happy face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - Ryan and I are watching the Bachelorette right now, though I tend to just insult the couples throughout the show. :)

    And I have an alternative to paper towels if you're looking for one!! Norwex (you probably have heard of it...) has these great multifunctioning cloths. They apparently don't transfer germs from one surface to another, so they're really clean, and they're thick and nice to use. Oh, and they take EVERYTHING off surfaces way easier than any other cloth I've ever had. You do still need to change cloths every 4 days or so though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:43 PM

    This post made me laugh! Totally understand the stinky dishcloth issue! I don't use paper towels, but I go through a TON of dishcloths!! I never use them to wash dishes (I use mainly use a scrub brush), just for wiping the crumbs of counters. And if it ever lands in the bottom of the sink, I don't use it to wipe the counters anymore because I just imagine all the germs (sound crazy?!!) I use the Norwex cloths often but apply the same silly rules (usually only use them once) Apparently you don't even need cleaner with them?

    I'm with you on stealing baby's rice puffs. I buy the Nature's Path plain brown rice ones and they are so good to snack on!! They don't taste like much, but I like them.

    I'm also with you on the baby food. I made so much for Jorja but she likes the jar stuff better. I don't think I made mine smooth enough for her but I made so much of it I don't really want to make any more until she goes through it (and thus it sits in the freezer!)

    Lastly...loving the 'reality' tv. Although I can't watch Jon and Kate anymore....makes me want to cry!!

    There's my long random thoughts!! See you guys tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers