Thursday, December 31, 2009

For my husband...

I really hesitate to even write this post, because I KNOW that I will eventually forget something, but I have to do it in honor of my husband, whom I am missing DESPERATELY tonight. It is weird to ring in the New Year without him...we're always together and he always has me do a TOP TEN list of what I enjoyed or thought was meaningful about the past year.

So, honey, here it is...I love you! (You will KNOW what I am talking about in all of these!) Here we go, in no particular order:
  1. Getting that "lego" dream house we have always wanted! ;) What a highlight, what a journey, what a time of growth!! I'm excited for the future with you in this beautiful place.
  2. Having the opportunity to do the online teaching work. It has truly awakened in me an excitement about technology that I did not even know that I had. I also appreciate that it allows me to bring income into the relationship without being away from Rusty and you!
  3. All of the family visits to Canada this year. It was so fun to host my brother and watch him get engaged in a place that was also special to us. I enjoyed the time with all of the cousins and especially the time spent one on one with my big sister. I feel like I was really spoiled by family visits this year!
  4. Watching Rusty grow and change. I think I have probably laughed more this year than I have any other year of my life. That kid is amazing, and we are so blessed to have him in our lives! What a precious gift!
  5. Watching many friends that have struggled with pregnancy difficulties end up pregnant! It is such a joy to see them experience the journey of pregnancy, and there will be many WONDERFUL babies born in 2010!
  6. I have truly LOVED seeing you become so passionate about your job. You have really stepped up to the plate this year, and you are doing a great job. I know that the people you work with respect you, and I do too!
  7. Our visit to South Dakota this summer. It was so fun to simply hang out with my family and go to the lake, the pool, or whatever. Thanks for loving my family so completely!
  8. On that note, I have been amazed to be able to go home FIVE times in 12 months! Wow! This has probably been the biggest blessing, as family is so important AND it is especially wonderful for them to have so many opportunities to see Rusty.
  9. Watching you as a father. Wow. You have far exceeded all of my expectations. The reason that Rusty is STILL asking for his Dada EVERY day that we are here in South Dakota is because you are so influential in his life. You make him laugh, you are a good role model for him, you love him unconditionally, you play games with him, you pray with and for him, and you teach him what it means to be a man of God!
  10. The TRUE joy of being parents. Wow, it has been a wild ride! I love you!
Happy 2010 honey! I can't wait to see you in the New Year!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a good picture of you two!
    Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! We have an album where we record our top 5 events of the year--I really like your top 10. And such a great picture of you both! Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers