I have often been asked, since moving here, how Canada and the United States are different. SO many people just assume that they are the same country...they are not. I love both countries. These games have proven it to me. I often find myself torn between cheering for the red, white, and blue...or simply the red and white.
I love both of my homelands. Although I am not yet Canadian, some day I will be! I will be both. I look forward to that day, and I am thankful for this country and its people that have embraced me with open arms.
My friend posted this on his facebook page...although I thought it funny that Tom Brokaw needed to "explain" Canada to the Americans, I liked the video. It sort of does a little bit of saying how great this nation that I now call home is. I wish that everyone could see that we are not just neighboring nations, but friends and allies. There are great things about both countries, and both countries have some downfalls. I wish that everyone could understand how I have come to love both places as my own, and hold a love in my heart for both places. It amazes me that I can be defensive when I hear a Canadian putting down Americans or America in general, but I also get defensive when Americans are putting down Canadians or Canada in general.
I like this video, and wanted to share it with you...Canada is a beautiful place, with even more beautiful people-both inside and out.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Yeah, isn't that the lesson of life? That all places have their good and bad parts and that we need to take everything as a whole. The Olympics are so much fun! Lots of pride, for sure.
ReplyDelete