I'll remember exactly how he smelled tonight when I went in to soothe him to sleep. He's sick, pretty sick actually, and was crying and just wanted his mama. I snuggled up to him, held him in my arms rubbing his back with all of the mama-love I could muster and just inhaled. He sighed. It was that sweet, I'm so content baby sigh. I smelled the heady scent of his little vanilla oatmeal baby head mixed in with his Baby Purex clothes and that special Rusty scent. It was bliss.
And then? Then he reached up his pudgy, squishy little hand and grabbed onto my thumb. His entire hand just wrapped around it and held on tight, like, thanks momma, I'm glad you're here. Oh be still my heart.
I love him. IlovehimIlovehimIlovehimIlovehimIlovehim! I love him.
How cute...I hope you know that all of your posts are making me have baby fever x100! Ah....maybe someday. :) Until then, I'll just live vicariously through you. ;)
ReplyDelete