This boy LOVES his Papa. He loves a lot of people in his life, but I think that Papa is pretty far up there right now...quite possibly above Mama and Dada. I hear the word "Papa" all day long. We are in the store and he thinks he sees his papa. We are driving down the road and there is Papa's car. We ask where he wants to go and he says "PAPA!"
Yesterday, I had to work. I was getting ready and Rusty was playing with his toys, in his pajamas. I asked, "Do you want to go and see Nana and Papa today?" His answering smile was huge, and he ran to the closet to grab his coat and hat, pajamas and all!
Today he had a little bit of time playing with Papa while I ran some errands. They played hockey, they went for a walk, they watered the lettuce they had planted together. They caught cherry blossoms falling from a tree, they got the mail...they have the best time together. I finally had to force him to leave, and after blowing Papa MANY kisses, we drove away. Suddenly, he was looking back and crying. When I asked what was wrong he said, "PPPPAAAAAPPPPAAAA!" Oh, yes, this boy LOVES his papa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago

That's RJ and his Gramma, though he's started calling her Gaga and my mom will NOT stand for that :) hehe
ReplyDeleteThat's cute that he calls him "papa"...my grandfather's name was "joe" like my dad's and I used to call him "papa joe" to differentiate him from my dad. Too cute.
ReplyDelete