Thursday, April 08, 2010

Hope???

Today I went for a run.  It wasn't long, it wasn't hard, but I ran.  I ran.  It has been over a year since I last attempted to run, and that was after three months of physiotherapy for a bum knee.  Three solid months of therapy multiple times a week.  It got me nowhere.  The first time I tried to run, it hurt so bad I had to stop after the first minute.

Today a friend asked if I wanted to go for a run with her.  I told her my issues, she agreed to take it easy and we strapped our boys into our jogging strollers and we were off.  It felt amazing!  I loved my feet beating against the path, feeling the leaves and gravel beneath my feet.  I loved feeling my muscles moving together, working hard, brushing off the dust.  It was so...rewarding.  My knee did great and held up until the very end.  It only started to tweak a bit.  It only throbs mildly now.

I have hope.  I hope that I can do it again.  I hope that it will grow stronger.  I hope that I can get back to where I used to be.  Running is a world I can escape to and be alone.  It allows me to get my thoughts in order.  It brings me peace!

Thanks, C, for the run!  I hope we can do it again!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I use Picnik.com to edit my photos and turn them into collages. What do you use? I like some of your collage layouts...picnik offers quite a few but not as many options as I would like. But maybe I haven't figured out how to customize.

    Glad you got a run in...I also have a bad knee.
    Noticed you are a teacher...I used to teach, but am taking time off. What do you teach?

    Cute blog.

    Sarah
    www.fortheloveofnaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, sounds relaxing and fun. When I run I always feel, well, pained. I hate it, always have. I can see the draw though. Aaron runs and I can imagine the fun of being outside and being active in the fresh air. I feel the same way about Kettlebells, I love to workout, look forward to it. All that to say I'm glad your knee let you go for a run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I'll get to running again...for now i'll take joy in your accomplishment!

    Found you thru the UBP...nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers