Friday, June 11, 2010

Sweet Snuggles

The boy is all busy body these days.  All he wants to do is run, jump, kick, play, and never be still.  It's fun most of the time, and I'm glad he is so active.  I know that we will probably be kept busy in future days running him to hockey, soccer, and various other activities.  I truly do look forward to those days.  I always said before I had children that I could see myself following a little boy around, watching game after game, cheering from the bleachers.  I will be the mom that brings orange slices, washes up that dirty team jersey, hugs and cheers him after a win or a loss...I really can't wait for those days.  For now though?  I'm just relishing the tiny bits of baby that I still see from time to time.

See, he doesn't really want to be held all that much these days...it takes too much effort to just sit still and let mommy snuggle him.  He does it, because he knows I love it, but not for long.  Pretty soon his little body is wiggling, writhing and ready to jump down and run to the next thing.  Because of this, I just sit and breathe in his sweet smell, the snugglyness of his little growing body and enjoy those rare moments that he asks for them.  I will stop whatever I am doing and scoop him up.  When I hear that little voice say, "Momma, HUG!" I say, "YES PLEASE!" every single time!  When he is fussing a bit at bedtime and I go into his room and he points to the chair for a snuggle, I oblige, because I relish and cherish these snuggles.  He still goes to sleep on his own in his crib, but those moments in that chair?  They are pure magic. 

Usually I snuggle him up against me, kiss his little face, and then listen as HE sings to ME!  His little voice is so sweet doing his special rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle" or whatever song is in his head.  His cute little eyes squinch up in his face as I tell him to close his eyes, and I can't help it, I just want to hold him like that forever.  Tonight was one of those special moments.  I just held him tight...maybe a little longer than I should have, but I couldn't help showering his face with kisses and hugging him tight.  I was just amazed at the perfection of his little face, the absolute miracle that he is at all times.  I absolutely adore this little one, and I am so very thankful for him!  For now, I will take all of the snuggles I can get!

1 comment:

  1. This post had be bawling my eyes out. RJ is just like Rusty, too busy moving around to snuggle for very long. But when he asks for a hug or gives me a kiss, it's MAGIC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers