I'm home alone tonight. Completely alone, just me, my Thai Garden takeout, and whatever random shows I find on tv. In fact, I'm quite enjoying finishing up a movie that has been on my PVR for several weeks, and I just haven't had time to get around to. I wasn't supposed to be alone tonight, but sometimes being alone is exactly what is needed.
Rusty is on the island with Nana and Papa again this weekend. We have a wedding to attend tomorrow night, and we needed sitting. When we asked them they suggested that they take him on the island again for the weekend. They really love him!
He has so much fun up there with them, and even though my momma heart misses him so very much, I know that he is in good hands and having a blast. I love our little phone calls when he is away, they are so cute! Here's a sample from today, as best I can remember.
Me: Hi Rusty! How are you?
Rusty: Hi Mommy!
Me: Are you having fun with Nana and Papa?
Rusty: UH huh!
Me: What are you doing?
Rusty: Mac N CHEESE!
Me: You are eating dinner?
Rusty: Uh huh! Mac N CHEESE!
Me: Oh! What did you do with Papa today?
Rusty: breathing into the phone
Me: Did you go to the beach?
Rusty: Uh huh! KNOCK DOWN!
Translation from Papa informing me that they built sand castles and he knocked them down and he went swimming with Kevin's cousins, who are up using our cottage for the weekend.
Me: Oh! You got to build sand castles?
Rusty; Uh huh! KNOCK DOWN!
Me: Did you pee pee on the potty?
Rusty: No, no pee pee.
More translation from Papa, he did indeed pee on the potty, five times, only one accident. Unfortunately the accident was all over Nana's dryer, not so fun. No more accidents after that.
Me: I love you Rusty! Bye bye!
Rusty: mouth full of food
Papa translates again, saying HE LOVES YOU!
Oh I love the times he talks on the phone. He is so cute when he talks here. We will put our phones on speaker phone so we can help him but he will walk around the house holding it up to his ear and have little mini conversations. His most adorable moments are when he sits down on his little Batman couch, totally lounging and listening to whomever is talking. Adorable.
I digress, back to alone time. I was supposed to be hanging out with the hubby tonight. We had a great day together. We slept in, I got to go see my friend's new baby, we hit the golf course yet again with some of our good friends, then we were going to hang out at home tonight. However, when we were almost done with the round, his buddies-the one who is getting married tomorrow-called and said they were on their way out to that very course, and could he complete their threesome? How could I say no to that? So, just as we finished our round-in which I tied him on the last nine! Yes, that's right, I TIED HIM...he did have a pretty bad back nine though-they whisked him away for another 18 and I was off for home. That's okay though, I ordered Thai takeout, watched some shows, and am enjoying lounging on the couch. Tomorrow is another busy day, so I think these moments of alone time are to be cherished, not wished away.
In other random news, we are working on our main bathroom, and Kev is doing a fantastic job. We are replacing the toilet-the old, 1973 goldenrod yellow piece of wonder-with a brand new, shiny white flushing machine. I didn't know how exciting it could be to have new toilets, but I have to say, the efficiency with which these things flush is really quite wonderful. I guess that's what happens when you become a homeowner, you get all worked up about things like purchasing new toilets and finding ceramic tile for 20% off at Home Depot. Kev laid new tile down in the bathroom-his very first on his own DIY project in our new home-and did a fantastic job! He was nervous, but he really worked hard and the finished product looks great, sooooo much better than the old green and goldenrod linoleum that was in there before. He is currently painting and then the toilet will be installed and it will be as done as we are going to do for now. We will be painting the vanity white and replacing the hardware and possibly getting a new light fixture in the future, but they are not necessities at the moment. Even the things that he has done now make it seem like a totally different bathroom, and I am incredibly proud of him! I can't wait for it to be complete, and when it is I will be sure to post a picture!
We are gearing up for our annual summer trip to South Dakota! We leave in less than a week. I am really looking forward to spending the time with my family, and for Rusty to have more opportunities to hang with his South Dakota cousins. I think that we are in for some good food, some rest and relaxation, a lot of laughter, and great conversations. My mom has excitedly prepared for Rusty's visit by buying some new toys-a John Deere tractor, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, little chairs for he and my niece to sit in, and some other things too-and hopefully my dad is all ready for his early morning fun times with Rusty...he likes to get up early, and so does Rusty, so I figure they are a perfect pair! Right Daddykins?
We will be spending the first week with my parents, and then they will take care of Rusty for the weekend while we visit my brother and his wife in a town many hours away. We return from that trip to go off camping with Matt, Nessa and their kids. After a three day trip we will then go to spend time with my sister, her husband and my niece for two days before returning home to spend our final weekend with my parents again. It will go very fast, but be very enjoyable. I know Rusty is going to have a blast! Plus, my mom is going to make us her famous prime rib dinner one night that we are there!
Life is full of fun for us, and I am so thankful to have such great family surrounding us on all sides!
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago

I can't wait to see all the pictures from your trip!
ReplyDelete