Life is looking up! We went to the doctor today...a little family visit. It was supposed to just be my update appointment with her, but she is amazing, and has been with us forever, so we were okay to bring my two guys in as well. It looks like things should be on the mend around here soon.
Rusty is doing better, however we did receive the news that our doctor is quite sure we are dealing with asthma. It makes me a little sad, but I do know it's not the worst thing in the world and it is also very manageable. She's going to be referring him to the asthma clinic so we can have him assessed in the next few months. As much as this saddens me, in some ways it will be a relief for him to have help. He has been struggling with this for many months, and going through these middle of the night breathing scares have really been tough. Seeing my sweet little boy sitting in bed, struggling and absolutely gasping for breath is so tough. I hate seeing him try to rake in any oxygen he can get, and if he has asthma and this clinic can help us with that, well...it's worth it to find out. When he is hurting enough to think to ask for his "breathing medicine," I know it must be bad. Aside from that, his fever seems to be gone and he had more energy today than he has for several days. He also actually ate some food at his meals, which is a change as well.
Kev is doing ok. His pink eye is still...well, pink. He is faithfully using the eye drops and they are clearing, but my poor big guy hates his glasses. He is very ready to get back into those contacts. I'm not minding the fact that he is home though. He can't go into work for the 48 hour period, and after talking to his boss today was told to just take it easy and see how this week goes. I really appreciate Kev's boss, he is such a nice guy and so incredibly understanding. He really supports Kevin and knows the kind of guy that he is. It was encouraging for him to say that he knew Kev needed to be recovering at getting to his best with the big time we have coming up ahead. So, hopefully by the time this little one decides to make an appearance we will be healthier!
On a totally random note, I really want to make these. Aren't they ADORABLE? That is definitely next on my list of Bakerella creations. I want to make them so bad that I almost went out and bought the items needed tonight. Then I thought "Stacy, that is ridiculous...what if you go into labour tonight and then have all of these cupcakes sitting around?" Hmm. Maybe they will be an AFTER baby creation. But seriously, don't they look amazing? And pretty easy?
I'm so shocked. I'm not anxious or pushing for this baby to arrive. I remember by this point with Rusty I was just SOOO ready to meet him. I have analyzed it a bit though...I think with him it was a major fear factor. With all that we had been through I just wanted to have him so I could meet him and KNOW that he was okay...to SEE him and WATCH him breathe. This time around, those fears aren't there. I'm also a lot busier and more tired. All of that adds up to just being ok for this baby to arrive when the time is right. I'm surprised at how relaxed I really feel about all of it. I'm not sure when Pickle will arrive, but whenever it is, it will be the right time. I might not feel so relaxed about it all in a week, but hey, let's just wait and see.
I haven't been too social lately. Life hasn't really given me time to be. I'm surprisingly okay with it. To all of my friends, I really DO love you and I love to see you, but right now I'm just kind of enjoying all of this time at home and to myself. I like having no plans. I like taking a nap in the afternoon. I like just being. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you...but I'm just chilling. It's nice.
Yep, life is looking up. Another strange thought...by this time next week we may have two children IN OUR HOME. A baby, in our home, being held in our arms. Strange. Either that or we will be contemplating the possibility of induction. Wow. That went fast, yes it did.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!