In the middle of that, I have had a chance to complete a few things from my 101 Things list! I know that many people say it is fine to have your hair colored when you are pregnant and if you have done so that is totally fine, but for me, it just wasn't worth it. Since I decided not to get it colored during that time it has been a long time since I have been fake blonde. I prefer my hair with some blonde highlights in it, even though my natural color is quite pretty, so I was thrilled when I was finally able to go and get those highlights put in again last Wednesday! My wonderful mother in law came and watched Rocky for the time I was gone-hallelujiah for a baby that takes a bottle!-and I was pampered for a few hours. The result? A lovely golden blonde tone, and a relaxed mama. I am happy to be a bit blonde again! With that, #29 on the list bites the dust. Hurray! You can see it in one of these amazing photos from our newborn photoshoot, photos by Lindsay of Running Scared Photography.
The other one that we were able to check off was to take Rusty ice skating! Kev went out with Rusty on Sunday and they bought his first pair of skates. He was SO excited. On Monday I was able to sign him up for a parent and tot skating class through our city, and his first class was that night! He spent most of the 30 minutes on his bum on the ice, but the grin on his face was so great to see. He really enjoyed, "being on the ice like Daddy." It is something he has wanted to do ever since he saw Kev play hockey earlier this season. He can't wait for his next class tomorrow. We are hoping that by the end of the 8 sessions he might be able to stay on his feet for longer than 2 seconds! I'm pretty sure that even if he can't the ear to ear grins are worth it. With that #36 is complete!
| I cannot get OVER the grin on his face here, pure bliss! |
Yep, we are loving life as normal, and with Rocky added to the mix it is just that much sweeter!


Hey - I'm so glad you're enjoying it in spite of your crazy post-birth trauma!! :) We really have found that the 2nd time is so much easier too, and for us it has continued to feel easier even through the crazy 2's. Keep enjoying it!
ReplyDeleteYour hair does look quite nice. I can't wait to do my hair now!
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely more relaxed with JP than I was with RJ.