Saturday, February 19, 2011

What a difference a pro makes!

When Rusty was just a month old we had some "newborn" photos shot of him.  Although they turned out relatively well, the experience was pretty awful.  The photographer that we went to was shooting them in her home, so we had to travel there, which was about 30 minutes away.  She was shooting in a relatively cold room, and she was using her lights to get the lighting for most of the shots...only the lights wouldn't work.  She was a really sweet lady, but we were there for what seemed like forever, and dealing with lights that were continuously malfunctioning.  It was such a difficult shoot, in fact, that she actually ended her career with that shoot!  I think she was close to it anyway, and that seemed to be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  She felt so badly that she ended up giving us the photos for free, as she decided not to take anymore photos after that.

Fast forward to today.  Little Rocky was turning one month old.  I knew I wanted to have photos done of him as well, but we were apprehensive to say the least.  The OBVIOUS choice would have been my cousin, Vanessa, who is an amazing photographer...unfortunately she also lives about 20+ hours away.  It wasn't going to happen.

I know another great photographer.  Our paths have crossed at various occasions, and I read her blog faithfully.  She is an amazing photographer, a passionate writer, a great cook, and is really expanding her horizons in exciting ways.  I have enjoyed following her on this journey, and when she contacted me and let me know about an amazing promotion she was having for portraits and family shoots I knew we had found our photographer.

The experience was completely different.  Lindsay and her assistant, Annie, showed up at our home this morning around 10 a.m.  They were totally relaxed, had a list of ideas and some great props and just took charge.  As a result, we were totally relaxed and the shoot was amazing.  Not only was everything really easy, but it was fun too.  Little Rocky was totally chill and took some great photos, and big bro Rusty was a rock star, following directions to a tee.

Lindsay, thank you for this incredible experience.  There is not ONE single picture that I don't absolutely LOVE.  I can't wait to get them up on our walls.  You are amazing and we look forward to working with you in the future.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful endorsement, Stacy. I can't thank you enough. Your family was a real pleasure to spend time with and you made my job a breeze.
    I appreciate this post more than you know!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers