There were eight of them, and they had grown progressively bigger and more painful. On Sunday night the pain became so difficult that I actually started crying...I don't really cry about pain. I cry at sappy movies, I cry at good commercials, I cry when someone I know is hurting, but with pain? I don't cry. I cried that night though. I actually sobbed, just a bit. It just hurt so, so bad. Because I had boils on both hips and other parts of my legs, I couldn't even sit or lie down without incredible pain. It was terrible.
Monday morning I was blessed to get into my doctor on a walk in basis. Have I blogged before about how amazing she is? Because she is, absolutely amazing. She gave me her email address and phone number a long time ago so that I can email her anytime...and she means it. She always responds...sometimes within minutes. She is AMAZING. We love her. Sidetracked...anyway, I got in to see her. She took one look at my legs, said, "Oh honey! You need the SUN to SHINE on you girl!" (She always calls me honey or sweethart and she calls our boys her little loves...she is so sweet!) She informed me I had a staph infection, took a swab and prescribed some antibiotics in both cream and pill form.
Fast forward to last night. We got an email from her giving us the swab results. Turns out I have MRSA. Yeah, click on the link to see what it is all about. It's not looking like it is going to be fun. I am finally on a high powered antibiotic, antibiotic cream, and antiseptic wash. It's a little crazy, but I am thankful for medication and good doctors. We'll weather this storm too.
In the meantime, our new little guy is a dream. He is super sweet, already smiling in response to our smiles, gaining weight, already growing out of his onesies, and being just down right adorable. Unless he is working on a burp or some poo he is a VERY happy and content little guy. He takes after his daddy, he is super chill. Rusty is crazy for his little brother. He goes up to him several times a day, gives him a big hug, and says, "This is my BROTHER." The first thing he does when he gets home from school is walk in the door and say, "Where is Baby Rocky?" It is adorable.
| Little Rocky-Three Weeks Old |
Wow! You poor thing, hope you're feeling better, you are such a trooper :) Your new baby is absolutely adorable!
ReplyDelete