I always knew I wanted to have at least two children. I didn't really care the gender, I just wanted healthy babies. After I had Rusty, I was so thrilled that I had a boy. I grew up with lots of guy cousins around me and went to all of their games, rough and tumbled with them, and just enjoyed hanging out with them. In retrospect, I think if I had never had a boy I might have been a little sad. Maybe not. Maybe I would be saying the same thing about girls if I had two girls instead of two boys. Regardless, that is exactly what I have...two wonderful boys!
I knew I would love seeing my children interact with one another. I also know it's not always going to be adorable interaction, but for now...it is bliss! They love each other so much!
From the moment Rusty first met Rocky he has loved him. He is such an incredible big brother. He sings to him, plays with him, kisses him, and is always looking out for him. Whenever Rocky is in the swing and gets tired of it Rusty will be the first to let me know that Rocky is crying-as if I can't hear it! ha! He also is his protector in the car. I hear things like, "Mommy! Rocky spit up on himself!" or "Mommy, Rocky is sleeping! He is faassssttt asleep!" I love it! Today I was trying to just get the last of dinner cleaned up and had placed Rocky in his crib for safe keeping. He had started to fuss and the next thing I know I heard Rusty singing. I went into the bedroom and he had climbed up on the side of the crib and was holding Rocky's hand, looking down into his face and singing songs to him. Rocky's response was a huge grin.
We have now also started to realize that Rocky seems to love Rusty the most! When no one else can, Rusty can make Rocky laugh or smile. He has this thing where he stands in front of Rocky's jumperoo and jumps with him when he is in it and Rocky will break into gales of laughter. It is so adorable! He also is constantly lying on the floor with Rocky and kissing his cheeks or coming up to him to blow raspberries on his legs. Rocky loves that! It is a guaranteed laugh every single time!
One day I was dropping Rusty off at school. Whenever I do and bring Rocky in the kids LOVE it. They come running to see the baby. This is where Rusty is super adorable. He loves to protect his brother and will hunch down next to him...almost running interference of sorts. That protection factor comes in yet again.
I just adore my sweet boys. I feel so incredibly blessed and thankful to have them and that they have one another. I pray so often that they will become good friends and will always be there for one another...no matter what. I hope that they always will have the love for one another that they have now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Aww. That big brother has such a sweet and gentle nature! Wonderful!
ReplyDelete