Monday, July 18, 2011

Photoshoots, Poop, and Cold Weather

What do these things have in common?  Nothing, except that they have been interesting-and sometimes disgusting-things that are at the forefront of life for me right now.

The first one, photoshoots, is something that I am pretty excited to talk about.  I have a bloggy friend that is a very talented photographer.  She took our little Rocky's one month photos awhile back and did a killer job.  She takes photos of a lot of stuff, and has finally gotten up the gumption to call herself an artist.  (Which she should have done a long time ago as far as I'm concerned.  Her work is amazing.)  She decided to take on an independent art project called Femininity in the City in which she showcases different women showing their femininity in different urban settings.  She asked for volunteers awhile back and I thought "Why not?"  As the time for my shoot arrived, however, I became pretty nervous!

The women she had shot up to that point were incredible.  They were gorgeous, talented, and actually looked like models.  I was thinking that my suburban staying at home mom that is usually in jeans and a ponytail self would not quite measure up.  The evening that the shoot was to take place I curled my hair, did my makeup, threw on my dress and headed to the playground where we were supposed to meet up.  My nerves were at a high, but soon Lindsay and her assistant, Annie, had me relaxed.  It was really fun to be a part of this project and it is exciting to see the end result.  Check out what she has done thus far here:  FEMININITY IN THE CITY.  I can't wait for the final show!

As for the poop, that's the somewhat disgusting part.  Our Rusty is potty training.  The potty part of it is going great!  He seems to really get it and has done an amazing job with peeing on the potty.  We have done a reward chart and he has to get 15 stickers to pick a prize.  He seems to really be getting in the habit of peeing in the potty and holding it.  The poo however?  Different story.  He has pooped on the potty, but it is nowhere near regularly yet.  In my head I know these things take time, but when I am cleaning a nasty mess out of his underwear I sort of want to fast forward to the part where he is "getting" that part of things too.  Ugh...here's to hoping it is soon!

Cold weather?  That is the disgusting part too.  Now, I am not one that normally complains about the weather.  I know that God makes the rain and the sun, but right now I have to admit, I want a little more sun.  It is JULY.  JULY!  July is usually our hottest month up here in BC, and with the weather we have been having I am not hopeful about how the rest of the summer is going to go.  I have worn shorts just a handful of times, and I have pulled out my sweater or hoody too many times than I want to admit.  We just spent a weekend up at our summer cottage and I spent most of it feeling cold and huddled in the cottage to avoid the downpours.  When I came home to a very cold house as well I said, "That's it!" and we turned our heat on, just for the night.  We shut it off again this morning, but man, as I catch wee glimpses of sun here and there I can't help but wonder, will the heat ever arrive?  As I type this I know that there are crazy heat waves almost everywhere else and everyone wants to send me their heat.  I would gladly take it.  I am one of those crazy people that prefers to be hot to cold.  I am ready for that heat to come my way...when will it???

1 comment:

  1. I'll take cooler weather! We're going to be over 100 several times this week and for Ohio, that is bad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers