Not the case with this baby. Most definitely not. The nesting started a few months ago and hasn't stopped. I get the craziest urges at the craziest times. The other night while Kev was doing snack and reading a book to the boys before bed I reorganized and cleaned out our snack cupboard. It had been a disaster for some time. Another day I randomly cleaned out our tea/coffee/meds cupboard at 10:30 at night. Yep, that's right...I just couldn't stand the thought of not being able to find the tea I wanted the next morning.
I have worked tirelessly to get baby's room set up, clothes washed and organized, changing table ready to go with cloth and disposable diapers, wipes, everything you could need. Baby's bag is already packed for the hospital and mine is just about there-the problem is that I'm in that stage where I kind of where the same thing every three days because it is the most comfortable and I can't fathom the idea of not having one particular pair of leggings to wear in the hospital. Lol.
Today I had a plan. Rusty had school and Rocky had a day of daycare. We have decided to leave him in two days a week once the baby comes in lieu of preschool. He has never gone anywhere else except this location and it would be unsettling for him to go somewhere else, plus it saves us a spot for when I do go back to work. They are thrilled to be getting another child from us...we have been with them since we first needed daycare for Rusty when he was two! Anyway, the boys were both busy!
Kev took them both to school while I got a wee bit of extra sleep-I haven't been sleeping so great lately. After he got home we tackled job #1.
- Defrosting the deep freeze. I LOVE our deep freeze. My in-laws bought it for us for Christmas several years ago and it is probably one of my all time FAVOURITE gifts-thanks Mom and Dad! It has revolutionized my cooking, our grocery shopping, and my life in general! I love that we can buy things when they are on sale and store them in the freezer. I also love having room to put meals that I have cooked up and can store. I like to do big baking and cooking days and freeze meals for later use and this allows me to do that. It has lowered our grocery bills and made life in general easier! It was getting pretty full of ice though, so we decided to tackle it. We have used a lot of food from it lately so it was at its most empty probably since we bought it...good timing. We loaded everything up in coolers and thawed and cleaned it. It is already plugged in and reloaded-in an organized manner! I'm so excited!
Job #2 was up to me. I need to run some errands for baby. I needed to buy nursing bras-I guess I got rid of them after Rocky was born. I really thought we wouldn't have another baby! Glad we didn't get rid of the big stuff! I also needed to do an exchange of an item. I got both of those things done and then it was home for job #3.
Job #3 I had planned for today for quite some time because I knew the boys would both be gone and I would have a good chunk of time to work. I wanted to stock up my freezer for baby! I had planned to make up some basics that I know the boys love, are filling and are easy. I planned to make baked spaghetti and shrimp penne pasta. I was able to get six dishes done, three of each! I plan to keep two of each for us and give one of each to my Meals for Moms group at church. I also was able to bake up some yummy gluten free baking for a friend that just had a baby...I'm not sure it will make it to her though! I have already eaten two of this delicious treat!
I'm tired, but SOOOO glad that I was able to get these "nesting" jobs done. Yesterday I didn't think it would happen. I was feeling pretty awful yesterday...weak, tired, nauseous. I thought there was no way this would happen today. I think I was low on iron. I am supposed to take an iron supplement because mine runs quite low normally and had been very low with baby. I had been taking them but quit because I felt so good. Mistake. Last night I got a BIG juicy burger, took an iron supplement yesterday, and got to bed at a decent time last night. All combined to give me a chance to work hard today! Yay!
I love nesting!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!