Monday, February 02, 2015

we made it

Well, we have allllmmmmoooossssttt made it!  Through what?  Through my first ever weekend with all three kiddos and no hubby!

Kevin left at noon on Friday for his annual Super Bowl trip to Vegas with his best bud.  They started this a few years back and somehow (how exactly did this happen???) it has turned into a tradition.  I definitely don't begrudge him this trip.  He is such an awesome husband and father and I love that he has a friend that he can go and do this with and come home feeling so refreshed.  I think it is really good for him and I am glad we can make it work for him to go.

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty terrified this year though.  I mean the boys are pretty easy these days.  They can pretty much handle whatever we throw at them and most of the time they are obedient-especially when presents are promised by Daddy upon return if he gets a good report from Mommy!  But this year we were adding a four month old to the picture!  PLUS all of the kiddos ended up getting fevers and sickness in the week and a half before he left.  Ruby was the worst of them, as it was her first major illness.  She wasn't sleeping and wasn't eating very well and literally just started showing signs of improvement on Thursday and Kev left on Friday.

I was terrified that I was going to have this baby that wasn't sleeping and be all exhausted and have no energy to handle the boys but...we did it!  Ruby was still not sleeping as well as she has in the past but she slept in her crib for the most part and only woke a few times a night.  I can handle that!  The boys were amazingly well behaved and super helpful.

It helped that we had a schedule with a lot of fun stuff planned.  On Friday Rusty's classmate's family picked him up from school and took him to the pool for an hour and a half which he loved!!!  :)  Saturday we had a playdate (WITH LUNCH PROVIDED WHICH WAS HUGE OH MAN YOU ROCK SARAH!) with some good friends and just relaxed and had a great night together that evening.  We went for a walk to the park in the afternoon and enjoyed running around and getting some exercise.

Yesterday was the best day.  We had church in the morning, which we all love, and then after some chill time at home in the afternoon the boys had their beloved babysitter come over to watch them and a good friend while Momma got to go to an awesome Super Bowl party!  I even got to watch the entire game because someone was holding Ruby basically the entire time!  Even though it didn't end the way I wanted it was still so much fun and the food was great.


I'm definitely ready for my man to be home, but super happy to have been able to have this great weekend with my kiddos.  For the record, they will all be getting their presents from Daddy.  They rocked this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers