Rusty
Highlights this week:
1. His highlight this week was Tuesday morning when he got to open the special Charizard Pokemon pack he had been working so hard on. He loves Pokemon and this was one that had been on his list for quite some time. It is amazing to see him get so excited about all of the different cards and their skills and such.
School Highlight:
1. This week he said he loved seeing all of his friends again after the weekend. He has been home since Wednesday afternoon this current week and Monday is a holiday here. Tonight he said he was ready to go back to school! I think he is missing his friends. We are so thankful for the class that Rusty is in. It is such an incredibly kind and delightful group of kids. I love every single one of them and I look forward to seeing how they grow as a class as they go through the years together.
One Random Thing:
1. When I asked him what his random thing was he said he was so excited to have Daddy home. Daddy made it back around 2 in the morning on Tuesday and we were all thrilled to see him that day!
My own thoughts:
Rusty was sick this week and he handled it like a champ. He didn't complain and he was so sweet, even when he felt awful. It is one of those things about growing up I think...they learn how to handle life. He is even taking the meds like a champ and they smell awful!
| Playing with his little sister...he is such a great help with her! |
Rocky
Highlights this week:
1. Rocky said his highlight of the week was that Daddy came back from his trip. These boys LOVE their daddy. On Tuesday all day he kept asking me why we couldn't see Daddy.
School Highlight:
1. He said this week he loved getting to see his little friend E. He also has been talking a lot about the new teacher they got. She seems really great and Rocky brings her up in conversation quite a bit.
One Random Thing:
1. He said "We are going to California!" We are heading there for Spring Break. We have been doing a lot of planning for it this week and he seems pretty excited for us to go!
My own thoughts:
I do believe Rocky is in the midst of a major growth spurt! All day long I hear the phrase "Mommy I'm hungry!" So, I get him a snack, he scarfs it down, and then says, "I'm STILL hungry!" The cycle starts all over again. I think he is out-eating all of us right now!
Ruby
This week Ruby seemed to decide to be in a bit of a four month sleep regression. I'm not surprised. She is developing in leaps and bounds lately. She is babbling a lot, she found her feet this week and is obsessed with chewing on them at every diaper change, she still keeps trying to roll a lot and tonight even scared me by rolling in her sleep and setting off her movement monitor in her crib...I guess it is just about time for us to take that part out. She continues to be such a happy, smiley baby. We love her so much. Tonight I was holding her and rocking her in her dark room to put her down for her night nap. I just felt overwhelmed with joy and thankfulness to be sitting there rocking her. As I got her nursery ready before she was born I remember sitting in that chair thinking about her, wondering what she would be like. She is so much more amazing than anything I ever could have dreamed up. What a little gift.
| Always sucking on her toes! |
That's the weekly update!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!